Fall, the new "New Year"
Fall is really here! I know – you don’t want to hear it. It’s always a bit of an adjustment heading into the cold, dark months of fall and winter. Feeling a bit down at this time of year is pretty normal, but it doesn’t have to be like that. I always think of fall as the “New Year” – a kind of reset time that helps focus me. It’s like a blank, fresh piece of paper and a newly sharpened pencil – the possibilities are endless!
Here are some of my ideas for making your fall fun, meaningful and productive. It’s definitely not an exhaustive list, but maybe it will be helpful!
- Start a 6-week workout plan. Join a class, begin a new Beachbody program, etc. Six weeks isn’t too daunting and it’ll help you set a really solid routine for the fall.
- Plan a fall shopping trip to refresh your fall wardrobe. You need some new sweaters, new socks, maybe some high-waisted mom jeans (😂). Make a weekend of it!
- Make September a dry month – you probably need a cleanse after a summer of beach beer and patio drinks (or is that just me?). Once the holiday season starts again, your liver will be glad it had a bit of a break.
- Schedule in some date nights with your spouse. It’s going to get busy so carve out that time now, before it’s too late!
- Schedule a boudoir shoot. For real, people! Fall is a great time to do the things you’ve been meaning to do. You’re rested from the summer, you’re ready to try new things, and Christmas is coming! Why not book it when you’re feeling invigorated?
I am really excited to share these beautiful photos with you today. M is such a quiet, centred person and that definitely comes through in these photos. I am so glad she allowed us to share!